These days, most of the stories I write come from prompts. For instance, ‘impermanence’ became Doggerland. So, want one of your own?
Here’s some prompts I’ve had in the past:
Left-wing divine judgement
The art of flower arrangement in the arctic
Meanwhile the colostomy bag had taken on a life of its own
To give me a prompt, here’s what you do:
1. Put your e-mail address in the box below and hit ‘Get Updates’
2. Once you’re on the list, reply to the e-mail you get letting me know what your prompt is.
3. I can’t promise you’ll get your story immediately. It depends how many prompts I’ve got at the time. But I will try and write it for you as fast as possible.
4. When I’ve written it, it’ll be e-mailed out to you. You’ll get the other stories I write in the meantime, too.
5. If you ever decide you don’t want to get stories any more, there’s an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every e-mail. Click it and I stop sending you stuff. It’s even automatic, so we’re spared awkward conversations
6. That said, most people hang around. After all, since you want me to write a story for you, you probably like my style enough to get it for free.
7. I’m starting to ramble. I apologise. Add your e-mail below, and we’ll get back to story-writing: